You might think such an elite design would be expensive updates, but in fact, “When it comes to creating the perfect décor for your bedroom, it doesn’t have to be about spending lots of money. Instead, create a soothing and calming atmosphere that reflects your personality.” Nine steps to decorating a luxuriously welcoming bedroom.
1. It all starts with your bed. After all, they call it a Bedroom for nothing. Start off by purchasing the best mattress you can afford; one that provides excellent support and keeps your spine aligned properly. You can skimp on other bedroom furnishings, but not on your mattress – it’s where you spend a third of your life.
2. Once you have the right mattress, consider adding a mattress topper for protection and a touch of luxury. You’ll find many types of toppers.
4. Dress the top of a bed with the bedding of your choice, whether that’s a duvet, quilt or comforter.
When choosing the pattern, we recommend fun, funky patterns for women and bold, rich colors for men, perhaps accented with an interesting graphic pattern. If you share a bedroom, you can go either way, but make sure both partners really like the bedding.
5. Now it’s time to add some fun color with toss pillows. Go all out; don’t be afraid to toss in some beaded pillows or ones that are furry or with a tassel or two. Toss pillows provide you an affordable way to update the look of your bedroom quickly and easily. Think about swapping them out seasonally for a fresh new look!
6. It might be the star, but your bed isn’t the only piece of furniture in your room. You also need the basics. At a minimum, that includes one – or even better, two – nightstands, a frame for your bed and a dresser with a large mirror hung above it.
7. For lighting go for wall sconces, and even more so if they have dimmers. Wall sconces save space on your nightstand, and if you choose designs with swing-arms, you can direct the light right where you want it — perfect for those who enjoy before-bed reading. You’ll need at least another couple of light sources, as well, depending on the size of your room.
Those might include a ceiling light fixture, a floor lamp or smaller bedside lamps.
8. Add a touch of romance with a spritz of scent. You can make your own essential oil sleep/relaxation spray, and then use it to lightly fragrance your sheets before bed each night.
9. Finally, don’t forget your bedroom floor. There is nothing more sensuous than a warm, snuggling texture underfoot. Two with a touch of natural comfort and cushioning are cowhides and sheepskin!